Friday, November 2, 2007

Hydross Kicked My Ass

And all I got was this lousy repair bill.

Ok, it was only 17 gold. But I digress.

The jump has been made. Lost Cause has been ditched in favor of Anathema. Poetic, as Lymesub said.

Anyway, typed in the whole /gquit thing, was promptly invited into Anathema, and within seconds, got the fateful message "SSC summon inc"

To which I replied with a great deal of maturity and pride, as I am entitled to at my age.

I said "Sweet Jesus" and proceeded to both cry in fear and cheer in joy.

So. Anyways. I fire up Vent, hop on the guild server, double-check to make sure I'm on push-to-talk, yelled "WET TOMATO" just to make sure.
No, I did not die on the elevator. Stop asking me.
I whipped out the Dungeon Companion, and quickly browsed through the SSC section. What would we do? They took down Lurker last week. Maybe Leotheras?

To my utter horror and undying shame, Anathema went after Hydross.
Hydross the Unstable.
Hydross the "I'm immune to frost damage".

The battle went out over Vent. The plan. The abilities. I already knew all of this, so I stayed patient and wet my pants in anticipation.

The pull began. I used fireball. I gazed sadly at the damage meters as my DPS went nowhere.
Moved away from water-tombed people, blew Evocate when the tank announced a transition.
And when those adds spawned, we showed them the frozen fury that is frost spec. Cone of Colds critted the bejesus out of them adds. And I finally got to actually do some DPS to Hydross, because now he takes frost damage! /cheer!
And then the next transition, and hell broke loose. No CoC for me, just AE. Say goodbye mana pool! /wave

Although water-tomb was really easy to fix. Ice Block, done. It was just that easy. I reveled in my own awesome at that.

Well, anyways, we wiped. We wiped a lot. Yours truly even got punched in the face by Hydross!
"Hydross hits you for 44077"
I think part of me cried.

Anathema is going after TK tomorrow. Loot... er, Voidreaver I hope. Maybe redeem myself for the abomination that was my DPS on Hydross. 14th in the raid? /cry
Frost needs some PvE luvvin'. If my DPS stays this low, I'm probably going to have to respec out into fire again. 10/48/3, don'tcha know.
Which will kinda work out, I guess. I'm already going to ditch the Frozen set in favor of Gladiator welfare epix anyways.

If I pick up some blues to replace the robe/boots/shoulders, we're going fire, baby!
Stack some + spell hit gems, and show these raid bosses what mage DPS is all about.

In other news, Sequel, "the" mage for Anathema has expressed interest in writing here. Definitely going to have to let him, after all, filler posts like this one just suck.
And besides, this blog is very PvP-oriented, so some PvE stuff will do it good.
And even more besides, it will give me more time to work on the World of Magecraft. Volume II is almost done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey at least you managed to beat me ^_^

And at least I managed to beat Lelifegiver...the druid OT...

/flex Lost Causers

--Oliv

Anonymous said...

You have a dungeon companion? O_o

Grats on the jump, you gyuz. I hope lootreaver drops some shiney epix for ya'll, and that you'll be loved and adored by everyone except the epeen rogue who you crushed in the charts.

I'm either going to continue floating around (as I've been doing for the last eternity), probably glomping onto an invite from Stay Frosty as a non-raider, or just quit WoW, which I've been considering for a while.

Of all the bosses in the game you could have possibly fought on your first day...

Euripedes said...

Couldn't we have done Al'ar or something? At least he isn't immune to frost damage.
I could have... like, done something. Pick any boss except Hydross, and I can hold my own.

Oh, well, probably going to respec Raid fire 10/48/3