Monday, October 29, 2007

Goddamn Typos!!

So, as it turns out, the amount of honor gained from the Daily PvP Quests was a type.

Rather than giving 4000 honor, apparently it only gives 400 honor.

Well.

Ain't that a serious letdown.


As Flirt so calmly pointed out in his comment on the last post (it is a "he", right?), the temporary health gain is not that great. Keep in mind this is according to a Paladin.
REBUTTAL.
Mages are among the lowest Stamina classes in the game. We also have no way to heal ourselves, outside of first aid/cannibalize.
Sure, the hp is timed, and can be counteracted by someone who's watching the second timer intelligently.
But to a mage, this is big. It really is.

[The following are overly exaggerated reactions used primarily as example and humor]
Paladin: "1750 life? Pfft. Flash of Light beyotch"
Warrior: "1750 life? Will it make my butt look big?"
Druid: *See warrior's response, but the latter question is asked rhetorically*
Priest: "Oooh! Shiny! Awww, it doesn't stack with + healing? /huff /pout"
Hunter: "Whats this 'Arena' you speak of?"
Warlock: "1750 life? DEATHCOILDRAINLIFEFEARLOLOLOL *wonders why he doesn't have any friends*"
Rogue:
Shaman: "1750 life? Pfeh, Lesser Healing Wave, beyotch *secretly farms AV for it*"
Mages: "OMGOMG I'm dying HALP! *Sheeps mob* I hope that doesn't break! First aid for the love of God! Ack! Aggro! Noo! /smush"

To me, it's a warrior's Last Stand, but I can use it whenever.
To me, it's a warlocks healthstone, sans the warlock.

With no self healz, and enough hp to get 4 shotted by crit-heavy arms warrior, as a mage, I am overjoyed at any opportunity to make my hps go in a direction that is filling my health bar.

To you healers I say, Pfft! Pffft I say!

Show me a mage who can heal himself, and I'll show you an Undead Warlock in disguise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guest Entry is in your inbox.

Anonymous said...

Do I look like a he?
*pokes digital boob*
You need to be more superficial.

That said, with me acting as your personal healbot, I have absolutely no problems with a bigger, fuller, greener HP bar. On the other hand, as nice as living is, your job is ultimately to make things not live. I merely question the use of a trinket spot for survival rather than for...improving killing?

Surely somewhere, there's some optimal balance of not dying and killing. And being the lovable healbot that I am, I'm sure that I have no idea where that line is.

Do you? Obviously you're closer to that perfect balance than Vox is, but I always wonder just how much surviving a player can do before they cripple themselves in other ways.