Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Azeroth's Biggest Failures

Tonight on Azeroth's 3 Biggest Failures

A guest column by Voxmortis


Heyo, Voxmortis here, you may recognize me from such posts as “why Voxmortis needs to re spec frost” and assorted rantings about how I fail. Damn good reading IMO, you should take it to heart.


Now, being the epic failure that I am, I am gifted with the magical ability to spot and write down even bigger failures than myself. The following 3 transpired over this AV holiday weekend.


#3: The alliance on Stormstrike.

Okay, this is more of a cheer for the horde on stormstrike than anything else. If you didn't notice, or just don't play on the stormstrike realm, some moronic alliance members decided that it would render more honor if they turtled then tried to push us back into mandatory cave defense. Now, this may seem like a good idea to you for the following reasons:

  1. It pisses off the horde (and who doesn't want that?!)

  2. It renders more honor per battleground

  3. LOL! I KILLED A ZMOBIE! LOL! ROFL! I LIKE ANIME AND FAIL HARD BECAUSE I PLAY A GNOME! (totally unbiased here....)

Now, this is why it is a bad idea:

  1. Horde has a shitstorm of druids.

Despite wave after wave of alliance defense, successfully pushing us back into the cave, the alliance failed to look at the score sheet to notice that we had 10 druids in this particular battleground. There were a couple feral tanks, a tree or two and a handful of boomkin & feral dps. Guess what alliance? Cat form+stealth+walk north a bit=well-constructed 10 man to take on Vanndar. Now anybody who looks back on the days of 30 folks or more on cave defense KNOWS that thats all you need to take out Vanndar. So guess what? We Won. Eat it gnomes.


#2: A particular hunter who I repeatedly saw in AV

This hunter was a troll. He left his pet on aggressive entering Vann's room. Nuff said? I thought so. It took this rube 4 wipes to realize what was going on and by then, alliance had gotten bored of defense and killed Drek. GG ebay character, GG


#1: Though I regret to do this.... The mages of Anathema

Though I am deeply excited to join Anathema, that I can finally see some endgame content and be able to actually defend my spec as viable (arcane raid DPS ftw!), I look on with trepidation and absolute horror at meeting Anathema's mage community.


Case 1: Their Frost Mage....

He is specced for arena... only no piercing ice... /facepalm

Case 2: One of their fire mages...

She is specced 13/48. Sure, there are ways you could feebly argue its superiority over 10/48/3 as the bread-and-butter fire raid build. But not for this one. Instead of elemental precision, my toasty comrade has chosen ARCANE FORTITUDE and WAND SPEC. Yeah. I know.

Case 3: I havent slept in 21 hours, and have no motivation to go to the armory to remind myself about what I was talking about.




Well thats it for me, this was a rant by Voxmortis. Oh, and next time you see me in the arena? Put fire ward up, and ice block when the big orange burney thing comes towards your head. I'm tired of shitkicking frost mages who don't know what they're doing.


Nukeymcsquishy, AKA Voxmortis,


Signing Off.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the BRK linkage, Euri! Nice to see Vox is posting, given that roughly half of this blog has been devoted to why he sucks. :P

Anonymous said...

Heh, NukeyMcSqishage? If you're trying to promote yourself out of "tissue paper," well, I don't think it'll fly.

On the other hand, it's nice to hear that you found three singular instances of greater fail than yourself in a single AV. It gives us all hope for your future, Vox. ;P

Anonymous said...

Oooh, burn.

(Look, I made a bad arcane/fire spec pun!)

Anonymous said...

/facepalm

Euripedes said...

Pwntd