Tuesday, December 25, 2007

@ Ret Paladins

Please. Stop trying.

You rush at me, and try to hit me with your big ugly sword. Does it hit for a lot? I bet it does.

Do you know what I see when I see a Retribution Paladin rushing at me?

I see a warrior. Who doesn't have charge, or intercept, or any way at all to close with me once I get away the first time, assuming you EVER catch me for the first time.

What I see is a crummy melee class that only has two stuns, one of which breaks on damage, both of which can be blinked out of, both of which are, at best, a mild annoyance that can be recovered from. If you could spam Repentance, that would be more serious. But you can't. Your stuns are too far apart to be of any use.

What I see is a Mortal Strike wanna-be that can heal. Meaning, I have a spell-school that I can COMPLETELY LOCK DOWN and prevent you from doing any abilities. Like healing. Or bubbling yourself to prevent your rapidly impending death.

In short.

I see a melee class that cannot close to melee, has incredibly unreliable stuns that I can break in my sleep, and has the ability to let me lock out ALL of their abilities with a single button push.
I see a Warrior with all the necessary mage fighting abilities removed from the class.

Actually, you know what? Keep right on trying.

You Retribtion Paladins are causing my arena team's rating to skyrocket.

And I'm paired with a beast master hunter, for fucks sake.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, looks like someone just got owned by a retadin.

Anonymous said...

Would like to hit you with my big shiney axe, bof+ bubble= a very long time where you have to kite, but can u kite with SoJ? Iceblock, go kill you ele then bak on the pretty squishy. Even match normaly, play a skilled ret pally and see the difference. Not something to be take lightly, as a mage i prefer Ms warriors, way easier to kite.

(wont post anon either:), p.s. loved you toilet attack blog)

Anonymous said...

I despise mages in PvP. I strive to down them as fast and brutally as possible.

I often fail.

Blessing of freedom? Spellsteal, frost nova, GG.

Sure, I hit hard enough to 3 shot a mage, but that is completely dependant on catching the mage first, which isnt going to happen if they have their blink and trinket up.

And don't even get me started on polymorph.

Euripedes said...

Updated with new blog post.

Figured this needed a wee bit of clarification :)

Anonymous said...

So... what is the point in this? You want paladins to not play PvP arena at all? maybe your right, then blizz will notice something is wrong and you can get your wish of a ret barreling at you with an intercept, or a spammable repentance. Seriously.... what are you getting at? u ever faced a shockadin?

warhamr said...

You cant be serious dude!!! You must be fighting some weak as Pallys, Im holy and have lil if 0 problem with mages. Did you forget, or have the pallys forgotten about judgement of justice? Does my blessing of freedom not stop your slowing and movement impairing effects? Are you not a glass cannon? Also as holy i can deliver a crit holy shock and a few others, if you last that long, not to mention my hammer of justice. Good Lord Pally's just never learn do they. BAH