Thursday, December 6, 2007

There's Someone From Texas Reading My Blog...

WAS IT YOU, GHOSTKID? WAS IT YOU?!@?!?111


Euripedes' Shopping List:

28 Spellcloth
10 Primal Might
Far Too Much Primal Fire

Essentially, I am looking to complete the Spellfire set and, perhaps, get the Spellstrike set.

Before I go any further, let me say this...

If you are playing a mage, and you intend to do serious Raiding of any sort, you MUST have tailoring!

No ifs. No buts. Just shut up and get the damn profession.

The Spellfire set you get from tailoring is just that bloody awesome. To put it bluntly, you are GIMPING yourself if you don't have it. Same goes if you're raiding frost, get the Frozen Shadoweave set.

Nothing in any heroic or 10-man instance holds a candle to the crafted sets.

You will not see a single drop from Tier 4 that will come close to your crafted set. If I ever catch a mage wearing the Chest Piece from Tier 4 or 5, I will slap them.

And in Tier 5, any and all "upgrades" are questionable. Generally, anything in Tier 5 content that drops will be, at best, a decent side-grade. And also keep in mind that anything you do replace means that the set bonus is broken. Not too bad for Frozen Shadoweave, but it is extremely painful for Spellfire users.

Keep your set together. Only drop Spellfire/Shadoweave when you have a solid upgrade for each piece, that is worth losing the incredible damage and set bonuses for.

Most likely, you will still be wearing these crafted sets right into Tier 6 content, where you will finally be able to find stuff that is actually, clearly, an upgrade.

And if at all possible, search high and low for someone who can make spellstrike. It, too, is an incredibly useful set, and also has an extremely useful set bonus.

You will be farming primals for a long time. Get used to it, the gear from tailoring is spectacular on a million and one levels.

Also, Anathema dropped Void Reaver again. Some more Tier 5 tokens went out (obviously we didn't get any), and yours truly really shined, for once.

For a mage wearing primarily PvP gear, without even a complete spellfire set, being on spam sheep duty, and spending most of the first 2 minutes of the Void Reaver running around, I think I did pretty damn well.

WWS STATS

8th overall in the whole raid for damage done.

My DPS isn't as great as the other mages, but I attribute that solely to Void Reaver forcing me to do pretty much nothing for the first few minutes of the encounter.

It was basically "/cast Arcane Blast. Run away. Run back. Start casting Arcane Blast. Run away. Run back. Run away again. Be forced to run in a circle because he targeted me again while I was running away. Run back. Start casting Arcane Blast. Run away."
And so on.

There was about a good 130 seconds where my DPS was about 8.

Ahh, well.

Arcane is working for now, but when 2.3.2 hits, and most importantly, whenn spellfire/spellstrike sets are achieved, I'll be bidding arcane fare well.
Need to get me some action with the Fires of... Fire. /cough

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Spellfire set has an incredible full set bonus, increasing your spell damage by 7% of your total intel. When in raids, your damage will be unmatched by other mages when they lack this set.

The only real reason to dump a piece of Spellfire would be to complete the Tier 5 two piece bonus as an Arcane Mage using Arcane Blast often. If your guild is progressed into BT/Hyjal in raiding, Tier 5 helm/shoulders with Spellstrike pants and Spellfire set would be a most excellent combonation for your Arcane DPS. If our guild gets Leo tonight, I will be losing my Spellfire gloves and replacing them with Tier 5 and completing my Two piece bonus. I spam Arcane Blast alot, and the 20% Dmg far outweighs the benefits from 7% bonus spell damage.

I mean come on, I already have 1200 Arcane damage unbuffed =P

Anonymous said...

First off I'm in California. I eat a lot of meat like a Texan, but queers don't bug me.

I'm happy you downed Void Reaver again. I signed up too late after the other hunters. Too bad for me. I usually out DPS Cethious, and he was near the top. Uncas must have had to run out a lot.

Just to be clear (off topic a bit), when I level a mage go deep frost. When I hit 70 switch to the earlier blog post about fire with icy thingies. Does this sound right?

Anonymous said...

I have been sort of having the same problem, been raiding Kara & ZA with spellfire and spellstrike and obviously there are no upgrades for either set other than the hood of hexing in ZA.

anyways I was looking at raiding as frost for a while, and while I have heroic/ kara stuff for the chest, wait and gloves they just dont even match up to what I could make with tailoring.

You HAVE to get them which is kind of annoying...

also I am from Texas. ye haw.

Euripedes said...

OMG it was you?

Texans reading my blog... I have achieved a whole new level of bloggerness.